High Power Optimized Coaxial Line Isolator
- Compact high power Common-Mode Choke type 1/1 UNUN.
- Variant of the Standard 1/1 BALUN.
- To be placed in the coaxial transmission line of radio amateur HF antenna installations to eliminate common-mode (outer shield surface) currents caused by non-perfect transitions of a-symmetric to symmetric media. Recommended placement is at the bottom of the tower or at the building entrance.
- Grounding terminal is provided, allowing for connection of one side of the isolator to a clean RF ground, thus forming an “L” configuration filter for sheath currents, and providing additional (secondary) lightning protection. This configuration results in higher TX common-mode current rejection ratios and higher RX noise rejection characteristics.
- Optimized 61 mm diameter toroidal ferrites
- Heat resistant teflon coaxial cable with high breakdown voltage.
- Professional 50 Ohms N-connector or SO239 connector. (IP66 after sealing with self- vulcanizing tape or equivalent).
- Stainless steel M6 ground connection. Stainless steel type 316 More info.
- Waterproof (IP64) and shock proof polycarbonate UV resistant enclosure. More info.
- Weight: +/- 500 g.
- Operation principle: Coaxial Common-Mode Choke.
- Max. power:
6000 W PeP @ VSWR < 2.0/1 (ICAS)
3000 W PeP @ VSWR < 2.0/1 (CCS)
For ICAS and CCS power definitions, More info
- Deployable frequency range: 1.5 to 50 MHz.
Low HF variant: optimized for 1,5 – 15 MHz.
Mid HF variant: optimized for 3 – 30 MHz.
High HF variant: optimized for 5 – 50 MHz.
- Insertion Loss: < 0.05 dB.
- Intrinsic VSWR : < 1.15 / 1 at the frequency range edges.